[gvd-devel] Bug in displaying/refreshing pointer values when debugging C++

Emmanuel Briot briot@ACT-Europe.FR
22 May 2002 00:52:01 +0200

On April 16th, 2002,
Jos=E9 Mar=EDa =C1lvarez Palomo <alvarezp@lcc.uma.es> writes:

> I have been using your superb debugger for debugging C++ code and I have
> found what I think it is a bug when refreshing a pointer value what is
> an alias of another pointer value.
>=20
> The program uses an aux pointer to go through all the elements of a
> linked list and the values of aux are kept, showing all of them at the
> same time.
>=20
> I am using GVD 1.2.5 (20020125) hosted on pentium-mingw32msv on
> Windows-2000 5.00.2195

We finally managed to reproduce the bug (it would really help if you could
submit a more precise scenario next time, although the screenshot was a big
help)
It has been fixed in the development version of GVD, but unfortunately it w=
on't
be part of the next release of GVD (somewhat too many changes just before a
release, we want to test the patch some more before full release).

regards,
Emmanuel