[gvd-devel] (no subject)

Gautier de Montmollin gdemont@hotmail.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:06:31 +0000

# > I compile with -g flag, it even works when I load the source...
# > Aaaaaaaah tilt! Everything works perfect if I "gnatmake -g" from the
# > command line, but AdaGIDE, even with "-g", builds with some binder
# > option that destroys somehow the "b~..." files and maybe
# > relative information necessary to GVD.

# Right, AdaGIDE is probably doing something like
# gnatmake main -cargs -g
# which is *not* equivalent to
# gnatmake -g main
# What is equivalent is
# gnatmake main -cargs -g -largs -g
# Even if I would suggest using the simple form gnatmake -g main
#
# Arno

Adding "-largs -g" in the "GNAT local options" indeed cures
the problem: gnatlink has a "-g" and GVD runs now with
every trees, subtrees and so on...
Woa, that's a sexy debugger 8-P !
Certainly an improvement potential to AdaGIDE (not difficult
to solve: only the "gnatmake" command to adapt a bit).

Gautier