[gvd-devel] One Suggestion

Arnaud Charlet charlet@ACT-Europe.FR
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:23:16 +0100

> In Linux I have a particular problem that is probably easy to solve. My
> source code often exceeds the test window and I have problems viewing it
> since the text window is provided without a horizontal scroll bar. It
> would be very handy to have a horizontal scrollbar on the source code
> text box (please let me know if this is this something that is already
> included I realy would like to know how I can turn this on).

This is on the TODO list, but isn't easily done with Gtk 1.2, since the
text widget does not support horizontal scrolling.

The development version of GVD is based on Gtk 2.0 and will solve this
problem at some point, but not yet, since we need to switch from GtkText
to GtkTextView in order to get this feature.

Arno