[gvd-devel] Basic problem with GVD

Morris, William WMorris@uk.waukbearing.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:10:22 -0600

Hello. I have in the last few days been trying to get GVD to run.
I have v1.2.5 running on a Windows 2000 host and want to debug
code on QNX 6.2 platform runing gdb v5.0.

I can run gdb on the QNX host through rsh.  But when I try to
debug a hello-world C program all I get is a log file telling me to
report a bug.  If I don't specify an executable, I also get a (shorter)
log file telling me the same, so it is an installation issue, not a
problem with my code.

Here is the log report with no executable specified:

[1] -> "set prompt (gdb) \n"
[1] <- "(gdb) "
[1] -> "set width 0\n"
[1] <- "(gdb) "
[1] -> "set height 0\n"
[1] -> "set annotate 1\n"
[1] -> "info sources\n"
[1] <- "(gdb) No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command."
[1] -> "show lang\n"
[1] <- "(gdb) \r\n"
# Bug detected in GVD
# Version: 1.2.5