[gvd-devel] Can not invoke GVD manual from the GVD IDE (Help | GVD Manual...) after successful build

Alexei Lioubimov e-complex@mtu-net.ru
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:24:58 +0400

No, i don't think that the prebuild binary from the libre site would be more
suitable for me. If you think, that i don't understand that mount, /cygwin
prefixes, etc work only in the Cygwin "world" -- then you're wrong. I just
not very familiar with autoconf/automake/install yet. But now i do my best
to understand the details. I need the free debugger, want to learn the
gtk-based programming, so building GVD from sources is very usefull for me
(besides i always can access the CVS tree and don't have to wait for the new
stable release). But as the first step i want to build _everything_ from GVD
correctly.

 So, as the GVD is (of course) not Cygwin oriented, then, i'm going to build
it from the MS-DOS prompt too ('cause from the Cygwin bash i've done it
already). But i need some your tips (see the previous letter, item 2)):
What --host parameter should i specify?
Can i use --prefix=c:\usr\local\gvd when building from the MS-DOS prompt,
using port of sh.exe from GtkAda package (i've put a copy of it in c:\bin to
let the scripts find /bin/sh)?

Alexei Lioubimov