[gvd-devel] Can not invoke GVD manual from the GVD IDE (Help | GVD Manual...) after successful build

Arnaud Charlet gvd-devel@act-europe.fr
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:38:08 +0200

> 1) Yes. I've found out that one should avoid using //c... or /cygwin/c/...
> to run make (make install) properly.
> If somebody wants to install GVD somewhere outside the "Cygwin" tree -- the
> better solution would be to mount the destination directory before the
> ./configure:
>     $ mount -b //c/usr/local/gvd /gvd
>     $ ./configure --prefix=/gvd

You are still missing the point.

mount is also a cygwin emulation and does not work outside cygwin world.

If you mean c:\usr\local\gvd, then say what you mean.

However, it sounds like using the prebuilt binary from the libre site would
be more suitable for you, since the dependency on the NT psapi dll has been
removed from GVD.

Arno