[gvd-devel] gvd problems...

Emmanuel Briot briot@gnat.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:35:03 +0200

Toralf Lund writes:
 > I tried these and several other tricks, but nothing seemed to help. What did work,
 > however, was to start the application, exit in a controlled manner, then open the
 > core file. So I guess the problem is really that the symbol table isn't read or
 > something like that.

I assume your program was compiled with -g, right ?

Could you do the same experiment directly with gdb:
   gdb <exec> -core core
   (gdb) bt

and send us the backtrace. Maybe there is something that gvd has some problems
parsing, that would be nice to fix.
You might want to send this to me in private, since most people on this list
are probably not directly interested and we should keep the noise low.

Emmanuel