[gvd-devel] Very Little Bugs

Emmanuel Briot briot@gnat.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:16:02 +0200

Jeff Creem writes:
 > Not exactly a bug but the requirements for the source build of GVD do not list
 > a C++ compiler but it is needed for some of the test case code. Perhaps the configure
 > program could detect that g++ is not installed and not compile that test case.
 > I'd help but ./configure script mods is an area that I have never spent any real time on.
 >
 > Also there is probably an issue with the documentation stuff since you need texinfo or
 > and the dvips tools.
 >
 > I ran into these when building on Solaris.  No real huge problem to work around but it does
 > mean that a simple ./configure, make,make install will fail

This is now fixed in the development version of GVD. We properly tests whether
a c++ compiler was found, and whether the tools required for the documentation
(tex, makeinfo, dvips, texi2html) are found. If not, we simply skip that step.
This indeed allows for a simpler build process:
   ./configure; make; make install
should work more nicely now.

Emmanuel