[gvd-devel] GTK

Arnaud Charlet charlet@ACT-Europe.FR
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:47:00 +0100

> Sorry, but this still does not tell me where your GTK+ is looking for
> theme engines. It is not in /home/charlet/gtk/theme/engines.

This gtk has been compiled with the prefix I gave you. Other than than,
everything else is standard Gtk, so if I'm not mistaken this would be
$prefix/gtk/theme/engines, now if you replace $prefix by /home/charlet/gtk
you get /home/charlet/gtk/gtk/theme/engines.

> I just need to know the exact location.

I gave it to you already ;-)

> But when you build 1.0.3 or whatever, put it in /usr or /usr/local ...

Note that the binaries are only provided for convenience, you can always rebuild
GVD from sources.

> /home/charlet is truly not very much standard ..... ;o)

Yes, and distributed buggy gtk libraries is also not very much standard,
or so I hope, but still, this occurs ;-)

Arno