[gtkada] Obsolescent packages

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Wed Jan 27 22:22:53 CET 2021

Hi :-)

To list manager :
I didn't received back my 1st message "Obsolescent packages".
What was wrong ?

Le 27 janv. 2021 à 09:09, Bertus a écrit :

> To All,

Hi :-)
I'm happy that you looked at RAPID, but nevertheless it's better to create a new thread for a new question. So your question isn't merged with mine.

> I am a Windows 10 user and in search for Graphical design program for GtkAda (I am using the latest version of Gtk downloaded from AdaCore) which creates ADA code . I need to use ADA code for instance because I use variable Strings because I am creating multilanguage programs so I need Open_text(Language) instead of "Open".

I don't understand your need, could you explain it a little bit more please ?

> Glade cannot do this. When looking at     Rapid it looked like the solution but wirh this problems I am not sure,

I would be surprised that there is something that Glade can't do and RAPID can.
But I'll be able to tell when I'll understand your problem.

And if I find it useful for enough people, i may want to improve RAPID to do it. :-)

> the version is an old one.

If you want to test the last version, it is:
svn co svn://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/rapid/branches/gtkada-2.24 rapid

If you want to run RAPID before I update it to last Gtk, you can try:
- Tash
- to install the corresponding version of GtkAda

> There is a second problem. I do miss a good description to install TCL and Rapid, all are described in a unix like sequence while in Windows these thing are not very simple to do,

Sorry, I don't know what I could do more.
Had you found my INSTALL file, when you wrote this, or not still ?

(For Tash you have to ask Tash maintainer.)

> a set of install programs for the different parts would be a nice solution.

You have to look for somebody having Windows, and who know how to do that.

--
RAPID maintainer
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/rapid/