[gtkada] Custom widget (GtkCheckButton) in column header of GtkTreeView

Rob Groen robgr at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 23 10:45:14 CEST 2018

Holle,

I've been struggling with using a custom widget, in my case a
GtkCheckButton, in de GtkTreeViewColumn. I noticed the following, note
that I had the column set to Clickable:
1) After using Set_Widget, an explicit Show_All on the check button is
required to make it visible in the tree view column header. It doesn't
become visible when doing a Show_All on the containing window.

2) In order to be able to activate the check button in the header, a
call to Show_All on the window must be done >before< calling Set_Widget
on the tree view column, no matter the clickability of the column or of
the tree view header. If these calls are done in a different order there
is no obvious way to be able to activate the check button in the column
header. It has taken me quite some time to get it working and then only
by accident.

Does any know why this is so, especially for 2). I couldn't find
anything in documentation or comments in code that says why (but that
could be due to my bad searching).

As for check buttons, why is the inconsistency state only visible when
the button is not active. If it is active and inconsistency is set to
true, there is no change in the way the button looks.

Regards
Rob Groen