[gtkada] Patch: Repair the support for directory variables.

Björn Persson Bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Sat Aug 20 16:20:18 CEST 2016

Emmanuel Briot <briot at adacore.com> wrote:
> You mention that gprinstall's Artifacts attribute requires a
> hard-coded path. Would it work to use something like the following in
> testgtk.gpr instead :
>
>     Exampledir := external("EXAMPLEDIR",
> "share/examples/gtkada/testgtk"); for artifacts (Exampledir) use
> (....)
>
> and then call gprinstall from the makefile with something like:
>
>    gprinstall -XDESTDIR="${DESTDIR}" -XEXAMPLEDIR="${exampledir}"
>
> I did not try this, so it might indeed not work as expected, but it
> would be cleaner I think.

Of course i tried the obvious. It made the project file syntactically
invalid. GPRbuild requires a string literal, and so does the BNF in the
GPRbuild User's Guide. Well it was GPRbuild 2015 that I tried it with,
but the GPRbuild and GPR Companion Tools User’s Guide 2016 still
requires a literal.

As long as that's the case I don't find Artifacts to be of much use for
a portable project. A cp command in the makefile works better.

Björn Persson