[gtkada] Patch: Fully honor --disable-static.

Björn Persson Bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Tue Jul 21 18:45:37 CEST 2015

Emmanuel Briot wrote:
> I agree there is a bug there when we systematically recompile the
> static libraries.
> I am not completely good with your patch: when the static libraries
> are built, we want the tools to link with the static libraries, since
> that makes running the tool potentially easier (no need to set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
>
> Therefore, I suggest a small variant on your patch. What do you
> think ?

Well, it should give the same result in the Fedora package. It'll also
give the same result in the default case, when no options are given to
configure, because then the static libraries are preselected.

The case where your patch differs from mine is when --enable-shared is
given and --disable-static is not. Then shared libraries will be
preselected in the project files but the tools will still be statically
linked. This seems like it could be confusing to users.

But since it makes no difference to the Fedora package, I'm OK with
your patch.

Björn Persson