[gtkada] Request to publish repository again

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Tue Apr 21 18:08:59 CEST 2015

On 3/17/2015 11:56, John Marino wrote:
> I understand from Emmanuel Briot that Adacore repositories have been
> converted from Subversion to Git.  Actually, we were talking about GPS
> specifically, but looking at the stale state of GtkAda repository, I'd
> have to guess that all the repositories have been converted.
>
> I know it's not a priority, but it would be nice to get gtkada repo
> available publicly.  Gtkada for GPS 6 does _not_ build with the upcoming
> FSF GNAT 5:
>
> I- -gnatA
> /wrkdirs/x11-toolkits/gtkada3/work/gtkada-3.8.3.1/src/gtkada-canvas_view-views.adb
> gtkada-canvas_view.ads:373:04: interface function "Is_Link" must be abstract
> gtkada-canvas_view.ads:448:04: interface function "Edit_Widget" must be
> abstract
> gtkada-canvas_view.ads:464:04: interface function "Parent" must be abstract
> gtkada-canvas_view.ads:477:04: interface function "Inner_Most_Item" must
> be abstract
> gtkada-canvas_view.ads:510:04: interface function "Is_Invisible" must be
> abstract
> gnatmake:
> "/wrkdirs/x11-toolkits/gtkada3/work/gtkada-3.8.3.1/src/gtkada-canvas_view-views.adb"
> compilation error
>
> I'd rather cherry pick the fix from the repo because I'm 95% sure this
> has probably already been fixed.
>
> For my 2 cents, a github mirror would be just dandy if suits Gtkada folks.

Hi!
Tomorrow GCC5 is due to be released and I'd like to switch FreeBSD to
use the GNAT compiler from gcc5.  The problem with GtkAda (above) is the
only thing blocking that.  I could try to recreate the fix that probably
exists in the repository, but I'd rather cherry pick it. Is it possible
somebody could put a snapshop of the gtkada repository in a tarball that
can be downloaded?

The project was effectively closed off 9 months ago along with several
others so it would be nice to get a peek if that's possible.

Regards,
John