[gtkada] Canvas item drawn outside the canvas

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Tue May 27 11:48:19 CEST 2014

> I am using a Gtkada Canvas with Gtkada 3.8.2 and I found that sometimes the canvas items are drawn outside the canvas itself. I found that this happens also with testgtkada. This effect happens when I move an item to the top of the canvas with part of it outside and then I redraw the window, for instance by minimizing it and maximizing it.

I am not sure what you mean by "drawn outside the canvas".
I assume this is simply that the item is not visible in the canvas when you expect it to be ?
(which would point to a bug in the mechanism that tests whether an item's bounding box
intersects the currently visible area).
I wasn't able to reproduce a similar issue with testgtk on my machine.

Future versions of GtkAda include a fully redesigned canvas widget, named Gtkada.Canvas_View,
which provides a much cleaner API and easier ways to create the items from simple base forms.

regards