[gtkada] SVN

Ludovic Brenta ludovic at ludovic-brenta.org
Thu Jul 4 10:34:50 CEST 2013

Emmanuel Briot <briot at adacore.com> writes:
> For those who still want access to the GtkAda 2 branch, I would
> recommend getting a copy now. We are not doing any development on it
> for the time being, so you will not be missing much when we finally
> switch the branches.

I've been doing this for years so the full history of all branches is
now duplicated in a monotone database on www.ada-france.org[1].  I even
added tags for various releases on various branches.  In some cases, I
even created a "stable release branch" for Debian packaging (the
com.adacore.*.debian branches).

[1] http://www.ada-france.org/?p=263

To rephrase John's comments, I have been upset before when AdaCore
removed information from the public Subversion repository.  (I remember
a time when GNAT, ASIS et al were in a public CVS repository at AdaCore.
AdaCore pulled this repository when transitioning to the GCC upstream
repository but ASIS has been hidden ever since).  This is *very*
non-standard practice and my duplication into monotone is a way to
safeguard against this.  I'm not trying to be aggressive and I will
accept whatever policies AdaCore puts in place but I found myself forced
to take precautions that no other free software project has forced me to
to before.

--
Ludovic Brenta.