[gtkada] SVN

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Thu Jul 4 09:45:55 CEST 2013

> To be clear, a "release" in this context means a source tarball.  I'm not talking about providing executables.  So it's not a "huge amount of work", it's making a branch of the trunk and creating an official tarball from it.  I say this because it looks like we are talking apples to oranges here.

That's a very limited view. A release requires fully quality testing, it isn't just making a tar ball
from any random source at any random date, of course.
I am sure the release team will be happy to learn they need training. I will stop participating
in this thread which is becoming slightly aggressive, and not bringing any value to GtkAda
users.

> Obviously done, but it's working around some seriously non-standard work practices.

I doubt there are may companies for which it is standard to do *any* public release
at all of their sources, let alone their svn.