[gtkada] SVN

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Thu Jul 4 09:16:10 CEST 2013

> From what I can tell, Adacore just picks a point in the trunk and packages that, but it doesn't tag and/or release at the version change.  What would be normal (in the case of xmlada) is that the trunk be versioned as 4.4w, but prior to that 4.3 is branched and released.  And then bug fixes get applied to both the 4.3 branch and the trunk.  That workflow may happen internally but it's not exposed.

That's of course exactly what we do, and currently there are no plans to make other
branches accessible outside of the company.

You are trying to package the tools on one platform. Imagine we are doing it on
45 platforms (or so). Doing one release is a huge amount of work, and we do not have
the resources to do more than one per year for the libre site.

I do not make the decisions here, but you should not hold your breath because things
are unlikely to change in that respect any time soon.

For those who still want access to the GtkAda 2 branch, I would recommend getting a
copy now. We are not doing any development on it for the time being, so you will not
be missing much when we finally switch the branches.