[gtkada] Gtkada builder examples

Brian Drummond brian at shapes.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 8 11:36:17 CEST 2012

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 09:21:43 +0100, you wrote:

>On 06/09/12 15:58, BEAUGY Alexandre wrote:
>> Dear Tony,
>>
>> If I remember well, you can find such an example in the install-dir of gtkada-2.18.0 (first release of gtkada I know for sure is including the Gtk_Builder capability) :
>> ${gtkada-install-dir}/share/examples/gtkada/testgtk/create_builder.ad[sb]
>>
>> You can also visualize such an example in action in testgtk ("Gtk demo", "Composite widgets", "builder"):
>> ${gtkada-install-dir}/share/examples/gtkada/testgtk/testgtk
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>Thanks Beaugy,
>       I saw that example, is it standalone btw? I was looking for more
>of a complete application using gtkbuilder. The one you showed me has
>improved my understanding but I still don't feel completely there yet.
>All the best

I have put together a minimal framework which should allow any of the create_***
examples to work as a standalone application. Clearly I'm not the only peson who
would find it useful...

 I'll test it with create_builder today, but I don't know where would be a good
place to put it.

Would 3 files (2 tiny, about 300 lines total) be too much to post to the list?

- Brian