[gtkada] Patch: Remove a remnant of the Glade support.

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Fri Jul 27 17:00:38 CEST 2012

> Because you asked for feedback...
>
> I played around with GTKAda last year and found it was a very good toolkit for developing GUIs.  Through ample samples, I was able to do everything I wanted to do (almost).  However, I never did understand how to use signal handling properly.  If you could improve signal handling so that it is more intuitive and easier to implement, this would be an ideal toolkit for what I need.

Right, that's one of the area we want to improve in GtkAda 3 (while keeping compatibility to limit the number of changes to do for the transition).
We should be able to do something like:

    B : Gtk_Button;

    Gtk_New (B, "OK");

    B.Connect_Click (On_Click'Access);

This will check at compile-time that the profile for On_Click is the correct one.

Nothing is decided yet, not even whether we will have time to do it before the next release…