[gtkada] GTKAda on Mac without X11.

Pascal p.p14 at orange.fr
Mon Apr 25 21:54:54 CEST 2011

Hello.
I've installed GTKAda 2.14 from Libre site on Mac OS X 10.6 with GTK+ 2.24 from GTKOSX.

These fantastic guys (other ones ;-) from GTK-OSX (http://gtk-osx.sourceforge.net) provide GTK+ 2.24 directly running on Mac without the help of X11!
The installation is quite simple and fully automated.
See http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gtk-osx/wiki/Build.
On my side, I ran:

$ sh gtk-osx-build-setup.sh
$ jhbuild bootstrap
$ jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap
$ jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core

And that's it.

Then, I installed GTK-Ada site:

$ jhbuild shell
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

Before, I had to modify ~/.jhbuildrc-custom because GCC from GNAT doesn't understand -arch specific GCC option from Apple
and src/gtkextra/gtkitementry.c because some fields have their name changed in GTK 2.24, I guess.
I'll write soon a complete howto.

Here are some remarks found in GtkAda:
- in user manuel URL http://libre.act-europe.fr/GtkAda/ is not valid.
- gate.1 and gtkada-config.1 are missing in share/man/man1 directory.
- "Gnome" URLs on gtkada main web page of Libre site are not available:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/

Regards, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr