[gtkada] Problem with File_Chooser in Windows

Dmitry A. Kazakov mailbox at dmitry-kazakov.de
Thu Nov 25 09:22:49 CET 2010

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 22:07:59 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

> Please pardon my ignorance but I'm not sure exactly what I am looking for
> here.  I do have GIMP (2.6) installed but I only installed it for its image
> manipulation capability and not for any development purposes.  Looking at its
> directory structure, it seems to be a minimalist installation.      I haven't
> installed any themes on my computer and am just running vanilla Windows
> 7 Pro (64).

The GIMP's directory ~/share/themes should contain GTK themes, so does
GtkAda and GPS, if you are using the latter. Depending on which binaries
are first is the search path, is the GTK (Glib, Pango etc) used by your
application. Make GIMP's binaries searched first, and it will be the GIMP's
GTK, which more complete than the one coming with GtkAda or GPS.

P.S. You have 64-bit Windows, I don't know if this may play a role. E.g.
when GTK, GtkAda, your program are 32 vs 64 bits. I didn't use 64-bit
Windows, so I cannot tell.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov