[gtkada] Problem with File_Chooser in Windows

Michael González Harbour mgh at unican.es
Mon Nov 15 14:05:49 CET 2010

Hello:

I am using GtkAda 2.14.1. with Gnat-GPL-2010.

I have written an aplication that uses a File_Chooser widget for "Open"
and "Save" actions. It works fine in Linux, but in Windows the widget
ignores the "Save" button (while I get the warning message "Error
Theme").

When I use the testgtkada program in Windows and invoke the
File_Chooser_Button option to open a file, it works fine. However, when
and I try to set the File_Chooser action to "Save" with the provided
"Properties" button, the application refuses it, with the following
warning:
"gtk_file_chooser_button_set_property: Choosers of type
'GtkFileChooserButton' do not support 'GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SAVE'.

If I try the same in Linux, the "Open" action works fine, but the
"Properties" button fails when I click it, with the following error message:
raised INTERFACES.C.STRINGS.DEREFERENCE_ERROR : i-cstrin.adb:191

Any idea on how to use the File_Chooser widget for "Save" action in
Windows? (other that switching to the File_Selection widget)

Thanks,

Michael Gonzalez.
Michael Gonzalez Harbour                  E-mail: mgh at unican.es
Grupo de Computadores y Tiempo Real       URL: http://www.ctr.unican.es
Facultad de Ciencias                      Phone : +34-942-201483
Universidad de Cantabria                  Fax   : +34-942-201402
Avda. de los Castros s/n
E-39005 Santander
SPAIN