[gtkada] which version should i use ?

Ludovic Brenta ludovic at ludovic-brenta.org
Tue Jun 8 10:16:12 CEST 2010

Jean-Jacques Lacrampe wrote:
> Hello,
> I have the same problem as Thomas Contes allthough when  I try to
install
> with the latest versions of GnatGPL and gtkada :
> - gnat-gpl-2009-1-i686-gnu-linux-libc2.3-bin
> and
> - gtk+-2.14.5-i686-pc-linux-gnu
> My system is Ubuntu Lynx Lucid
> GTK+ version is 2.20.1-0
>
> By the way I tried with the native packages in ubuntu : but the gtkada
> version is said to be incompatible with the gnat-gps one ...
>
> Any help?
> Thanx,

Ubuntu takes the Debian packages that I make.  Unless Ubuntu breaks the
packages, they should Just Work(tm); I patch gnat-gps so that it compiles
and runs with libgtkada* and gnat-4.4.

What you need is:

aptitude install gnat gnat-gps libgnomeada2.14.2-dev

and follow the instructions in /usr/share/ada/adainclude/gtkada2.gpr.
(no, there is no typo above: libgnomeada2.14.2-dev will pull
libgtkada2.14.2-dev onto your system).

--
Ludovic Brenta.