[gtkada] Quitting widget from menu

Rick Duley rickduley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 03:07:59 CEST 2009

Hi folks

I have a handcoded composite widget I wish to be able to quit from a 'Quit'
tab on a drop-down menu.
I have:
   package Image_Menu_Item_Callback is new
     Gtk.Handlers.Callback (Gtk.Image_Menu_Item.Gtk_Image_Menu_Item_Record);
ddeclared in Callbacks_Gadget.ads.

I have:
      Callbacks_Gadget.Image_Menu_Item_Callback.Connect
        (Widget => The_Gadget.Quit_Tab,
         Name => "activate",
         Marsh  => Callbacks_Gadget.Image_Menu_Item_Callback.To_Marshaller
           (Gadget_Pkg.Callbacks.On_Quit_Tab_Activate'Access));
declared in Gadget_Pkg.adb.

I have:
   procedure On_Quit_Tab_Activate
     (Object : access Gtk.Image_Menu_Item.Gtk_Image_Menu_Item_Record'Class)
is
   begin  -- On_Quit_Tab_Activate
      Gtk.Widget.Destroy_Cb (Widget => Object);
   end On_Quit_Tab_Activate;
declared in Gadget_Pkg.Callbacks.adb.
 Nothing happens when I click on 'Quit'.

Where have I goofed?