[gtkada] Dynamic tooltips ... possible?

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Mon Jul 30 09:04:38 CEST 2007

On Friday 27 July 2007 22:49:44 Stefan Bellon wrote:
> I have already looked into the GPS source as GPS does something similar
> with showing function declarations together with comments. But to me it
> looks like GPS is not using the Gtk tooltips but has implemented its
> own ones.

Indeed, we have reimplemented our own. Not too difficult to do.

> So, is there a solution for the above problem using the Gtk tooltips
> that are interfaced in GtkAda or does one have to implement own ones?

The newer versions of gtk+ (on the development branches) have a new tooltip
API, I believe. We have no binding for these in GtkAda yet, since these are
not considered as stable gtk+ releases, but you might want to look into this
and perhaps build a small binding on top of it. GtkAda will eventually have
one, but that might not be before several months (time for gtk+ to have a
stable release on all the systems we support, and time to do the binding)

regards