[gtkada] Dynamic tooltips ... possible?

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Fri Jul 27 22:49:44 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'd like to know whether it is possible to create "dynamic tooltips"
with the current version of GtkAda. With "dynamic tooltips" I mean
tooltips that get their content just in the moment before they show,
that is either by some signal that get's emitted
("about_to_show_tooltip" or similar) or by some callback that gets
registered.

Consider the following example: You have a bitmap and want to show the
RGB value of the pixel under the pointer when the mouse stays there for
a certain delay.

I have already looked into the GPS source as GPS does something similar
with showing function declarations together with comments. But to me it
looks like GPS is not using the Gtk tooltips but has implemented its
own ones.

So, is there a solution for the above problem using the Gtk tooltips
that are interfaced in GtkAda or does one have to implement own ones?

Greetings,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bellon