[gtkada] gate bug

Philippe Bertin philippe.bertin at telenet.be
Tue Oct 17 18:31:12 CEST 2006

Hello all,

When generating code from a .glade file for an existing project, but
with an empty src/.gate/gladegui/ directory, the changes are overwritten
(desastrous !). In such a case, when one does
$ gate gladegui.glade
then this overwrites all src/ files as if the project didn't exist before.

I have a patch for it. As I am unsupported user, I send this patch
directly to the newslist, as the home page states this is the prefered
method.

$ diff gate.saved gate
118c118,124
<     /usr/bin/diff -u $gt/$j $j >> $gt/gate.difs 2>/dev/null
---
 >     if [ ! -f $gt/$j ]; then
 >       echo "Warning : file $wd/$gt/$j did not exist !"
 >       echo "here's where it went wrong in case the file didn't exist !!!"
 >       # cp -f $tmp/$j $gt/$j could have done the trick here too ...
 >       # (not changing the original diff statement then)
 >     fi
 >     /usr/bin/diff -u $tmp/$j $j >> $gt/gate.difs 2>/dev/null

Kind regards,

PhB

P.S. : Use this at your own risk ! I wouldn't post it if I wouldn't
think it's OK, but still ...