[gtkada] cannot find -lgtkada

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Mon Oct 2 19:19:34 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 02:03:42AM +0900, Jimmy Ho wrote:

> Hello,

Hi!

> Forgive me if this seems a stupid question, but I keep getting the
> following error message whenever I try to make a program:

Please specify "program" - a simple Ada program or one which uses GtkAda?

> F:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\GPL_2006\bin\..\libexec\gcc\pentium-mingw32msv\3.4.6\ld.exe:
> cannot find -lgtkada
> gnatlink: cannot call F:\PROGRA~1\GNAT\GPL_2006\bin\gcc.exe
> gnatmake: *** link failed.
> process exited with status 4

Provide the library path to the linker: -largs -L/path/to/libgtkada

It's been a long time since I've tried GtkAda under windows, but
back in these days, the documentation described perfectly how to
use it.

Perhaps you can set environment variables to point to the right
directory.

Under UNIX, you say gnatmake project.adb $(gtkada-config), where
gtkada-config returns all required flags.

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Die Abk. für Abk. ist Abk.