[gtkada] Gtkada.Intl on Windows

Michael Bode michael.bode at laserline.de
Fri Aug 18 15:31:31 CEST 2006

Jacob Sparre Andersen schrieb:

> Gtkada.Intl on Linux is supposedly based on GNU Gettext, so my guess is
> that you should be able to copy the Linux version of the source code
> over and use that, once you have installed GNU Gettext on your system.

Yes, it worked.

Now I have the problem that there are only a dozen strings that I
display using GtkAda.Intl.dgettext. Most of the widgets are built from a
glade file using libglade. And the windows libglade doesn't play nicely
either.

Microsoft's Dependency Walker shows that glade-2.0.0.dll depends on
intl.dll which is part of Gtk+ 2.8.9. My program OTOH depends on
libintl-1.dll which is part of GtkAda 2.4.0. Probably I have to either
build my own version of libglade using the same libintl-1 that GtkAda
uses. Or build GtkAda using the intl.dll from Gtk 2.8.9. Otherwise
glade's libintl doesn't know about calls to Bind_Text_Domain from the
Ada side.

--
Michael Bode
Laserline GmbH