[gtkada] g_convert_init

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Fri Nov 4 22:58:31 CET 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 10:30:15PM +0100, ThAnJuZo wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> The resulting .EXE fails to execute because "g_convert_init is missing
> in the glib dll". The same worked previously on the same system under
> MSYS/MinGW.
> Looking at sources, I see that a "void g_convert_init(void);" is
> declared, but not used, in GLib-2.4.7/gthread (I don't know if it is the
> one used by GtkAda 2.4.0).

As far as I can see, the old libglib-2.0.so.0.200.3 (or any version
around this one) had the g_convert_init functions. (gtk-2.[02])

All my current releases don't have them, so I guess your GtkAda
is compiled against an old Gtk/Glib. Perhaps you can get
a newer one or recompile on your own.

As the only reference to g_convert_init is a prototype declaration
at glib/gthread/gthread-impl.c, I guess it gets optimized away.

While glib-2.2 still had the real functions, glib-2.8 doesn't
(and concerning your text above, even glib-2.4 comes without it).

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

if you want to be a wife cut your pipi with a knife