[gtkada] Modal attribute

Preben Randhol randhol+gtkada at pvv.org
Mon May 30 08:43:48 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 10:03:14AM +0800, Rick Duley wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I am working with a GtkDialog (Windows XP(Home)).
>
> I am wondering about the line (inserted by Glade_2):
>
>   Set_Modal(<dialog>, True);
>
> I see from the GtkAdaRM that, with this setting, the Dialog should:
> "... grab all the mouse and keyboard events in the application while
> displayed."
>
> I gather from that that the user should not be able to do anything
> else until the Dialog is closed.  Well, it doesn't work that way!  The
> dialog displays okay but the user can proceed to do anything else
> regardless.

For the current application I should think. I mean you should still be
able to use Word, Excel or other programs. If you can do other things in
your application could you send some of the source so we can check.

Preben

PS: No need to Cc: the glade list as they haven't implemented the Ada
stuff and probably don't understand Ada at all. :-)