[gtkada] Multi-File Selection Widget

Preben Randhol randhol+gtkada at pvv.org
Wed Mar 9 07:59:29 CET 2005

Preben Randhol <randhol+gtkada at pvv.org> wrote on 08/03/2005 (18:55) :
> Unfortunately there are still missing bindings to the Gtk library. The
> support for multiple files are at the moment not bound. However I don't
> think it should be hard to do it.

After a bit checking I see that the File selector widget is being phased
out for the new File Chooser widget. It is not depreciated, but I think
it is better to bind the file chooser widget and leave the file selector
as is.

What do you say?

List of depreciated widgets

    GtkCList - A multi-columned scrolling list widget
    GtkCTree - A widget displaying a hierarchical tree
    GtkCombo - A text entry field with a dropdown list
    GtkItemFactory - A factory for menus
    GtkList - Widget for packing a list of selectable items
    GtkListItem - An item in a GtkList
    GtkOldEditable - Base class for text-editing widgets
    GtkOptionMenu - A widget used to choose from a list of valid choices
    GtkPixmap - A widget displaying a graphical image or icon
    GtkPreview - A widget to display RGB or grayscale data
    GtkProgress - Base class for GtkProgressBar
    GtkText - A text widget
    GtkTipsQuery - Displays help about widgets in the user interface
    GtkTree - A tree widget
    GtkTreeItem - The widget used for items in a GtkTree

Links:

(screenshot in the first link)
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkFileChooserDialog.html
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-migrating-GtkFileChooser.html