[gtkada] GtkExtra in GtkAda 2.4.0

Ludovic Brenta ludovic.brenta at insalien.org
Wed Jan 5 22:42:31 CET 2005

Hi

In my spare time, I am working on packaging GtkAda 2.4.0 for Debian
GNU/Linux.  The source distribution contains a copy of gtkextra from
SourceForge, and I am considering splitting it into a separate binary
package and shared library for better modularity.  This is only
desirable if this copy of gtkextra can be traced to the upstream
(SourceForge) sources.  If it cannot, I will just keep the current
scheme: the package `libgtkada2' provides one big shared library that
contains a copy of gtkextra, as well as GtkAda proper.

I am aware that the SourceForge project, while still active, has not
made any formal release in many months.

I would like to know what version of gtkextra is being used in GtkAda:
is it a snapshot of the CVS repository?  Or is it just the same as in
GtkAda 2.2.1, with Jeffrey Creem's patches to compile against GTK+
2.4?  Or something else?

--
Ludovic Brenta.