[gtkada] make an app in several languages - licenses

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Mon Feb 7 17:49:30 CET 2005

Le dimanche, 6 fév 2005, à 22:09 Europe/Paris, Ludovic Brenta a écrit :

> Thomas De Contes writes:
>> what is the better way to make an app in several languages ?
>>
>> is it with gettext ?
>> how do we use that ?
>
> Yes, use gettext.  See the package GtkAda.Intl which provides a thick
> binding to gettext.

someone said me that gettext is under the GPL, so i can't make a
commercial app with it
is it right ?

in gtkada-intl.ads it is writen "As a special exception, if ... you
link this unit with other files to produce an executable, this  unit
does not  by itself cause  the resulting executable to be covered by
the GPL."

so, is it gtkada-intl.ads itself but not gettext ?
why not remove this exception of this file ?

and, anyway, is it right for me if i use all GtkAda but not
GtkAda.Intl, to make my commercial app ?

btw, what's the better way to make a commercial app in several
languages ?