[gtkada] click on a Clist / "clicked" signal

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Thu Aug 18 00:51:58 CEST 2005

Le lundi, 15 aoû 2005, à 19:34 Europe/Paris, Preben Randhol a écrit :

> On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 06:39:58PM +0200, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>> hi :-)
>>
>> how can i set an handler for a click on a Clist ?
>> i tried "select_row", but it isn't right because i need to be aware of
>> a click even if there is no row
>>
>> is there something better than "button_press_event" for a widget ?
>> (i would prefer a real click)
>>
>> btw, why "clicked" is set only for buttons, not for all widgets ?
>> since the user can click on any widget and the prgm may want catch it
>
> You know that Clist is depreciated in GtkAda 2.x?

yes, i have seen that, but it's my co-worker who have begun the project
and included clists, and it seems to be enough for me at the moment

so, about the depreciated state of Clist :
is there a protocol to follow, to convert Clist in Tree_View,
but avoiding to fall in a state where all goes wrong because of my
unknown of Tree_View mechanisms ?

It's right that if there was a way to easily upgrate to Tree_View, i
would be happy to use its advantages :-)

about the "clicked" signal : (in fact it's not Clist-specific)
i didn't see any equivalent in Tree_View, rather than in Clist.
Yet i use "button_press_event", and it's functional even if it's less
ergonomic than a "real click"

but, why not set the "clicked" signal for all widgets, as there is
"button_press_event" and some others, rather than only for buttons,
Tree_View, and some other widgets ???