[gtkada] libglade and Windows

Michael Bode m.g.bode at web.de
Wed Apr 27 19:50:56 CEST 2005

Preben Randhol <randhol+gtkada at pvv.org> writes:

> Which is why libglade is a bit counterproductive as you loose the nice
> features of the Ada language.

But fortunately this can be confined to one part of the program and
the checks can be made a program start. I would be much more worried
if the error would creep up in some hardly used parts of the program
that are easily overlooked during testing.

> However, if you need something dynamic
> like a database interface (or similar) it should be useful.

Dynamic as in 'the boss comes in and wants some widget moved from left
to right'. And gate/win32 can't be used because it throws away any of
my own UI code.

What are people using with GtkAda/Windows? In my previous programs I
did the UI coding myself, but these programs had rather simple UIs.

--
Michael Bode