[gtkada] Gnu Linux Magazine France November 2004 - gtkada article

Denis Chalon denis.chalon at itris.fr
Wed Nov 3 15:01:58 CET 2004

Hi,

I read the article about GtkAda in french GNU Linux Magazine. The
article is good, and I was able to do everything (hello world
application) easily BUT the installation of GtkAda!!

Effectively, when I retrieve gtkada source from act-europe web site and
try to recompile it, I encounter two already known errors:
- about src/gtkextra/gtkplot3d.h which is already corrected in the CVS
- about GTK 2.4 support which was already discussed in this mailing
list (a patch is required).

This article is a great opportunity to convince users to take a look at
Ada, but IMHO previous errors will prevent new user to get a great
experience with GtkAda.

The question is: What is the time frame for the next release?

Denis