[gtkada] Activating double click in a Gtk_Tree_View

Jean-Pierre Rosen rosen at adalog.fr
Wed Mar 10 15:50:07 CET 2004

From: "Emmanuel Briot" <briot at act-europe.fr>
> I don't know by heart.
> The signal you are stopping is probably the "Row_Activated" signal.
> However, it was started as a result of a Button_Press signal, which
> might have other effects like starting the drag-and-drop operation.
You
> don't easily have access to that signal.
>
> You should try and find what this other window is, and then deactivate
> this default behavior at the Gtk_Tree_View level (I would suspect
either
> drag-and-drop or column resize).
>
> Please post your findings here, this might interest other people, and
> convert this from a FUQ to a FAAQ  (Frequently Asked and Answered
>Question :-)
I'd be happy to post the solution if I find it, however my intent was
rather to *get* than *provide* help :-)

I thought a solution could be to return "True" from the callback. I
therefore replaced the instantiation of Gtk.Handlers.Callbacks with
Gtk.Handlers.Return_Callback (on type Boolean of course).
Alas! I got a message that return types were not supported with GtkAda!
(and BTW, I don't know how to specify that the callback returns boolean
from Glade).

Did I miss something?