[gtkada] Darwin static library patch

Chris Douty Chris_Douty at ampex.com
Tue Jul 27 20:43:45 CEST 2004

OK, after enough complaining here is a patch.

You need to do three things for this patch.
1) Apply the patch to a CVS head repository with patch -p0
2) Import config.guess and config.sub from autoconf 2.53 or above
3) Regenerate configure with autoconf.

A note about the changes:  Darwin's linker requires that you list any
dynamic libraries you reference even if they are dependent on some
other dylib you explicitly reference.  I needed -lX11 to get
XWarpPointer() which is called in misc.c.

I am not entirely sure that the "TARGET_LFLAGS=-bind_at_load" flag is
necessary, but it probably doesn't hurt.  The proliferation of damned
i18n schemes seems to demand many libraries with exactly the same
functions and symbols. :-(

OpenGL links but does not work on my machine.  Jim, I'd appreciate it
if you could try this patch and help me debug that problem.  testgtk
fails instantly when I click on the OpenGL tab with this error message:

The program 'testgtk' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
   (Details: serial 2761 error_code 8 request_code 152 minor_code 5)

I did get a backtrace in gdb, but I couldn't figure out how to redirect
the output to a file so it's a short listing rather than full frame
info.