[gtkada] Distributing a GTKAda application

Peter Hermann ica2ph at csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Jul 26 15:24:18 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 02:29:15PM +0200, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> I'd suggest you reconsider your decision of not wanting to distribute
> shared libs, everyone does that under Windows.
>
> Alternatively, you could provide two packages: one that assumes that
> people already have Gtk DLLs (they do not need a full install of Gtk+/GNAT/
> GtkAda as your message seemed to imply), and one that is self contained,
> so that people already having Gtk+ do not have duplicate copies.

I agree with Jean-Pierre.

My major problem is:
there should be an authoritative guide which DLLs to use
in which case, such like a table or the like.

It is not funny to hex-edit an executable in search of needed DLLs :-(

--Peter Hermann(49)0711-685-3611 fax3758 ica2ph at csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
--Pfaffenwaldring 27 Raum 114, D-70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen
--http://www.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de/homes/ph/
--Team Ada: "C'mon people let the world begin" (Paul McCartney)