[gtkada] Distributing a GTKAda application

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Mon Jul 26 14:29:15 CEST 2004

> The trouble is that GtkAda does not allow static linking, and I don't
> want to distribute shared libraries (I want to keep installation
> SIMPLE).
>
> Any hint?

I'd suggest you reconsider your decision of not wanting to distribute
shared libs, everyone does that under Windows.

Alternatively, you could provide two packages: one that assumes that
people already have Gtk DLLs (they do not need a full install of Gtk+/GNAT/
GtkAda as your message seemed to imply), and one that is self contained,
so that people already having Gtk+ do not have duplicate copies.

Arno