[gtkada] gtkada.dialogs

Stephen Leake stephen_leake at acm.org
Sat Jul 10 15:01:51 CEST 2004

Karim Halioui <Karim.Halioui at stage.cnes.fr> writes:

> hello,
>
>  I have a problem with gtkada.dialog. In fact i want display a message in a
> task. for this i have created a task which display a message and i
> I call this task in the parent task. the message is displayed but when I
> pressed,for example, the button OK of the dialog, nothing append (the dialog
> is not destroy) and I can't acces of others windows of my application!
>
> anyone can help me?

You need to understand more about how Gtk (and most other GUI systems)
works.

There is a main event processing loop (Gtk.Main.Main), that runs in
one task. It handles all keyboard and mouse events, dispatching to the
event handlers you have defined. If you start another task, that
event processing loop is suspended, so nothing happens. It's actually
more complex than that, but that's the basic idea.

Perhaps if you tell us more about why you think you need a second
task, we can help you figure out a better way to do it.

--
-- Stephe