[gtkada] Administrative: change of behavior of the list

Jacob Sparre Andersen sparre at nbi.dk
Sun Jan 25 21:29:09 CET 2004

Stephen Leake wrote:
> Preben Randhol <randhol at pvv.org> writes:

> > Personally I use mutt and mutt fixes this behaviour. I
> > can even change the Reply-To field, but for all the
> > others out there...
>
> People should use good tools. That includes mail programs.
> mutt and Emacs Gnus do this right. Anyone else using a
> good mail program?

Unless everybody uses perfect mail clients that compensate
completely for the mailing list configuration, it will
still be a mess to handle.

For example:

I know how to filter duplicate messages, but only those
delivered though the mailing list system are tagged as
belonging on the list.  And since the list system is slower
than direct delivery, the versions tagged with the list
information are removed as duplicates, whereas the copies
sent directly to me end up in the "random non-junk folder"
instead of in the appropriate folder for the list.

But I can of course advise everybody to use Procmail to
filter messages from the list and change the "Reply-To"
header so it points to the list, no matter what our list
administrator thinks is right.

Jacob
--
"It ain't rocket science!"