[gtkada] [OT] about new mailing list setting

Arnaud Charlet charlet at ACT-Europe.FR
Fri Jan 23 11:48:10 CET 2004

I'm glad to see that my essage generated such number of replies.
Apparently more people were able to answer my email than to post
or answer questions about GtkAda itself :-)

Before continuing this debate, I'd suggest everyone take a look at
the following and the associated two URLs:

<<
There are many reasons not to introduce or override the Reply-To: header. One
is that some posters depend on their own Reply-To: settings to convey their
valid return address. Another is that modifying Reply-To: makes it much more
difficult to send private replies.

See `Reply-To' Munging Considered Harmful:
for a general discussion of this issue.

See Reply-To Munging Considered Useful for a dissenting opinion:
 http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

Have fun reading. I haven't seen any new argument provided on this list so far.

Arno