[gtkada] Expand_All display delay

Marc A. Criley m.criley at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 16:27:11 CET 2004

I found that when I invoked Tree_View.Expand_All() on a given tree that the
expanded form was not displayed until I tried to resize or move the window
that contained the Tree_View.  I finally resorted to calling Queue_Draw()
with the Tree_View widget to force it to update the display.

Yet if I call Collapse_All or Expand_Row for a single branch the display is
immediately updated.

Is this just the way it is, or did I maybe miss something?

The Tree_View widget is nested inside a Scrolled_Window if that makes any
difference.  The dialog is generated by GLADE, which allows me only to add
the Tree_View widget, to which I then add the columns and data store and so
on in my app.

Marc A. Criley
McKae Technologies