[gtkada] compiler & gtk version

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Sun Dec 5 15:12:57 CET 2004

Le dimanche, 5 déc 2004, à 05:53 Europe/Paris, Dani a écrit :

> Thomas De Contes escreveu:
>
>> according to Dani, i need to do
>> ./configure --prefix=/Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall --with-GL=no
>> instead of
>> ./configure --prefix=/Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall
>> --with-GL-prefix=/usr/X11R6
>>
>> if not, it doesn't compile at all
>>

>> is sth missing ??
>

> hi! the cvs of gtkada work with gtk2.4 without problems and the
> stability is very very excellent.
> try get the cvs version of gtkada and use the gtk 2.4.x.  mybe your
> patch work with the cvs
> version.

nope, i was already with the cvs version,

Nicolas Setton said me that GtkAda-2.2.1.tgz couldn't work with gtk
2.4.x, and that it need gtk+-2.2.4 max

here is the complete script :

cd /Users/thomas/Documents/temporaire/
rm GtkAda/*conf*
rm GtkAda/*/Makefile*
rm GtkAda/*/*/Makefile*
rm GtkAda/*/conf*
rm GtkAda/*/*.dylib
rm GtkAda/*/*/*.dylib
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at libre.act-europe.fr:/anoncvs login
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at libre.act-europe.fr:/anoncvs co GtkAda
cd GtkAda/
patch -p0 < ../patch.txt
./configure --prefix=/Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall --with-GL=no
make install
testgtk/testgtk

i see that you are not on mac os x

i have
patching file config.sub
Hunk #1 FAILED at 94.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 957.
patching file src/Makefile.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 12.
testgtk/testgtk
raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : gtk-handlers.adb:1368 access parameter is null

and Nicolas Setton said :
> It's gtk+-2.2.4. But you'd be better off by working with the CVS
> version and investigating the reasons why Jim Hopper's patch do not
> apply, and fixing these. Or just wait until we integrate this patch in
> the CVS version.

so ... he seems to say it's normal ...

i can help to update the patch, but i can't do it myself

the other solution would be if it can be easy enough to get gtk+-2.2.4
i needn't the *last* version of everything, just a working gtkada :-)
(well i'd say : at least 2.x.x)

> Is good works with libs "GL". because this, do you have a
> 'development'  "GL" lib
> installed in your system?

i don't know

>  if 'yes',  were the GL lib is  installed ? you have "absolutely sure"
> that
> it IS installed in the directory /usr/X11R6 ? mybe the "GL" lib is
> installed in ANOTHER directory?

no, i've just followed the instructions here :
http://www.wright.edu/~john.matthews/gtk/lady.html

> if this continue not working, try (remember of install 'development
> part' of GL lib before this) run
> the configure script with just only the prefix part. mybe the
> configure script discover itself were
> the gl lib is installed if the directory of GL lib is in your path.

ok, good idea :-)

> and another thing...what is "/Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall" ?   the
> "autoinstall" is a directory or
> a binary file/script?

sure, it is the directory where i want to install gtkada :-)
i have already /Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall/bin in my PATH, and gtk is
installed at the same place

> God Bless you! :-)

thank you :-)