[gtkada] compiler & gtk version

Dani danielcheagle at ig.com.br
Sun Dec 5 05:53:40 CET 2004

Thomas De Contes escreveu:

> patch -p0 < ../patch.txt
> ./configure --prefix=/Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall --with-GL=no
> make install
>
> testgtk/testgtk
>

> according to Dani, i need to do
> ./configure --prefix=/Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall --with-GL=no
> instead of
> ./configure --prefix=/Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall
> --with-GL-prefix=/usr/X11R6
>
> if not, it doesn't compile at all
>

> is sth missing ??

hi! the cvs of gtkada work with gtk2.4 without problems and the
stability is very very excellent.
try get the cvs version of gtkada and use the gtk 2.4.x.  mybe your
patch work with the cvs
version.   Is good works with libs "GL". because this, do you have a
'development'  "GL" lib
 installed in your system? if 'yes',  were the GL lib is  installed ?
you have "absolutely sure" that
it IS installed in the directory /usr/X11R6 ? mybe the "GL" lib is
installed in ANOTHER directory?
(e.g. --with-GL-prefix=/dir/were/really/the/lib/gl/is/installed  )

if this continue not working, try (remember of install 'development
part' of GL lib before this) run
the configure script with just only the prefix part. mybe the configure
script discover itself were
the gl lib is installed if the directory of GL lib is in your path.
 (e.g ./configure --prefix=/were/you/want/install/gtkada/lib ).

and another thing...what is "/Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall" ?   the
"autoinstall" is a directory or
a binary file/script?  (mybe it need be a directory? ).  and remember to
include the directories of
GL libs in your 'PATH' before you run the configure script  And  After
the compilation of gtkada,
 include the important directories of gtkada in your 'PATH' before you
use gtkada.

God Bless you! :-)

[]'s of seventy rounds, Dani