[gtkada] compiler & gtk version

James E. Hopper hopperj at macconnect.com
Thu Dec 2 14:35:15 CET 2004

On Dec 2, 2004, at 6:00 AM, gtkada-request at lists.adacore.com wrote:

>>> you said me that GtkAda-2.2.1.tgz need an older version of gtk than
>>> the one i have
>>> do you know the maximum version of gtk which is supported ? i'll see
>>> if i can get it
>>
>> It's gtk+-2.2.4.
>
> anyway i can't get it via darwinports

i am pretty sure 2.2.4 is available at darwinports.   just not for 10.2
which is really old.

>> But you'd be better off by working with the CVS version and
>> investigating the reasons why Jim Hopper's patch do not apply, and
>> fixing these. Or just wait until we integrate this patch in the CVS
>> version.

Patches work fine on 10.3 with darwin ports version of gtk as a number
of people are using them.  i think Thomas's problem is he is trying to
make it work with an old version of the os which is not supported by
darwinports, nor did i check out my patches against it.

jim