[gtkada] Static linking to Gtk libraries for Solaris 2.8

David Mirfin dmirfin at qsf.com
Thu May 15 15:37:30 CEST 2003

I have developed a GtkAda application on a Solaris 2.8 platform using GtkAda
1.2. It runs without any problems in my development environment.

I now wish to port it to a target Solaris 2.8 platform which does not have Gtk
installed. I had hoped I could do this by simply using the "static" option of
gtkada-config. When I build using this option, certainly most of the previously
dynamic Gtk objects are linked statically but unfortunately not all of them are.
The objects libintl.so.2 and libgthread-1.2.so.0 are not linked statically and
are thus reported as being missing when I try to execute on the target machine.

Can anyone tell me how to prevent this problem?